Per The State of Illinois and The Chicago Public Schools, medical compliance rules are a requirement for all students to keep our students healthy and safe.
Medical: Physical exam forms must be on file for ALL STUDENTS.
Completed physical exams must be on file prior to the first day of school for all Kindergarteners & 6th graders.
Students not in compliance may be excluded from classes until all medical forms are turned in.
Dental: Dental forms must be completed for grades Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th.
Parents are encouraged to submit their children's required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15, or they may face medical exclusion from school.
Physical examination requirements - All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time, at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or 1st grade, 6th grade, and 9th grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool, up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diptheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
All students in Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must have a dental exam completed by a licensed dentist prior to May 15th of the current school year.
If you want more details about the immunization requirements, or if you have further questions you may call the Office of Coordinated School Health (773) 553-1830.